Earning your CPSS (Certified Private Security Specialist) or CPSE (Certified Private security Expert) shows your commitment to professional security and helps you stay current on the job.
Safe N Secure Group’s Certificate Program is based on the SecuriStart standards of excellence and best practices used by thousands of professionals trained by over 130 schools.
SecuriStart’s Program aligns with US Professional Standards to the point where it is used by Community Colleges in multiple States for professional training.
The comprehensive program encompasses all the critical elements of security that a professional should master for optimum safety, performance, effectiveness and professionalism.
- The CPSS certification is achieved by:
- Passing the CPSS 158-question online test with a minimum score of 80%. Purchased access code provides you with 3 attempts to pass the test;
- Taking the SecuriStart Pledge of Safety and Code of Professional Conduct, which is done by signing your certificate and your optional certification ID card.
The CPSE certification is achieved by:
- First Meeting the all the CPSS requirement by passing the online examination;
- Submitting proof of possessing a minimum of 5 years of professional security experience, including a minimum of one continuous year within the same agency.
- Submitting two letters of references from licensed or recognized security professionals.
At completion of the online exam you will be able to print the CPSS Certificate.
You CPSE Certificate will be mailed to you after SecuriStart receives the required documentation and verifies the references.
To assist your preparation for the examination you may consider including with your purchase the Security Guard Training Manual study guide, which is used to train thousands of professionals in over 90 schools across multiple States.
Study curriculum includes:
- Legal Issues and Liabilities (a generic review of most Common laws affecting security guards)
- Basic Emergency First Aid
- Bomb Threats and Fire Evacuation
- Electrical Fires
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Access Control
- Patrol Techniques
- Observation Techniques
- Interview Techniques
- Fire Detection
- Crime and Accident Prevention
- Crime and Accident Protection
- Terrorism Awareness (Dynamics on Attack, Proactive Counterintelligence, Physical Security, Bombs, Mail Screening, Recognition and Response, Reporting, Bomb Threat Stand-Off Chart)
- Public Relation
- Report Writing
- Courtroom Procedures
- Personal Security
- Interpersonal Communication
- Professional Communication
- Traffic Control
- Crowd Control
- Special Problems
- Workplace Violence Prevention and Response
- Controlled Substances Identification
- Dealing with DUI
- Active Shooter Prevention & Response
- Understanding Hazardous Materials
- BENICE (Biological Nuclear Incendiary Chemical Explosive) Agents
400 pages that include illustrations.
Examination code is emailed to you directly.
Study guide shipped for free via USPS Priority shipping anywhere in the 50 States (if applicable).
We do not ship outside the US.