This course is a four-hour basic pistol course designed to teach you not only what you need, but also qualify you to obtain a Florida Concealed Weapon Permit. There is also critical components about the selection of a gun for carry purpose as well as a review of the the Florida laws concerning carrying a gun.
This class can be hosted in our classroom in Amelia Island or at your home. There are many reasons why you may want to complete your training in your own home, especially if you:
- Don’t want to publicize the fact that you are taking firearm training or may be easily recognized in public;
- Are physical disabled, which makes it difficult for you to travel and attend training elsewhere;
- Tire quickly, cannot stand for long periods of time, or are elderly;
- Do not like public classrooms or range facilities.
This four-hour class will teach you:
- Rules of safety
- Components of a pistol
- Types of pistols and actions
- How stress affects your motor skills and ability to defend yourself
- Loading/unloading a revolver or a semi-automatic pistol
- Ammunition identification
- Fundamentals of aiming and shooting
- Florida Statute 790 regarding concealed carry of a gun. NOTE: we do not provide legal advice. This is a review of the statutes and some important points regarding where and how you can carry.
Shooting practice will take two forms:
- Practice with a laser gun, shooting at an electronic target. This will allow you to get comfortable with the grip, sight alignment and trigger squeeze to make an accurate shot.
- Once you show proficiency, you will shoot one cartridge of non-lethal 9mm semi-automatic or 38SPL revolver (based on which gun works you are most comfortable with) at a target for qualification. This is done using a self-contained, portable table-top shooting range and using the same type of guns and ammunition that police and military use for training.
Do this all of which in the comfort of your home!
- Targets and note taker.
All our Instructors are insured and credentialed. Instructors are also NRA training counselor who has trained over 600 Firearm instructors.