Click HERE to View Class SCHEDULE Or contact us about your schedule needs.
This training is available in two formats:
1) As a stand-alone THREE-DAY class
*Required for all credentials
2) Combined with the NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor Credential Suite (5-day course).
Who qualifies to become a Special Tactics Instructor?
Any NRA Certified Pistol instructor of good repute who meets the following criterions:
- Has taught the NRA Basic Pistol Course to a minimum of 10 students in the past two years.
- Is insured for his/her training with professional liability.
What clientele is Special Tactics Instructor is meant to serve?
- The course is designed to accommodate private citizens of legal age and means to possess a pistol.
- The program was designed to accommodate men and women who seek a reasonable and friendly introduction to defensive pistol technics.
What is the foundation of the Special Tactics Instructor program?
There are two components to this answer: 1) The foundation of the methodology taught for instructors to deliver the course, and 2) the foundation of the techniques taught.
The methodology on which this instructor credential is based roots from two components:
1. The research developed by Bruce K. Siddle on the transfer of technical skills. The course includes an original copy of Bruce K. Siddle’s book: Sharpening the Warrior Edge so you possess the original research in its integrity that will be discussed during the “Instructor Techniques System” component.
2. The research developed by Bernard Martinage for the “Accredited Educator” and “Accredited Coach” credentials he developed for a company that serves Fortune-500 Companies and hosts over 4,000 certifications annually.
The Safe N Secure Instructor Technique System is exclusively made from Bernard Martinage’s work that has lead him to be nominated three times as a Faculty Speaker at Commencement at a world renown college.
The work is organized to remove any redundancy with the training provided by the NRA in its “BIT” (Basic Instructor Training).
The firearm techniques presented and taught in the materials are serious, proven and effective. They were extracted from Police Special Operations training and modified to meet the reality of self-defense at home and on the street. The techniques and strategies are simple, effective and straight to the point. They have been endorsed by military and law enforcement personnel in multiple states as well as Firearm Instructors and Training Counselors.
What do you get when becoming a Special Tactics Instructor?
- Training to provide to your students two things:
- Safe and effective defensive firearm training
- Safe and effective Low Light defensive training
- Ability to deliver exclusive certificates:
- Civilian Special Tactics Proficiency certificates
- Civilian Special Tactics Light Discipline Proficiency certificates
- Access to customizable student materials:
o Safe N Secure can provide you your student materials personalized to include your own pictures, brand, logo on the cover as well as a foreword that can contain your biography or any other relevant content to your classes and services.
o Simple, effective and burden-less lesson plans to deliver smooth training.
- A meaningful credential to materialize your experience and desire to provide your students more effective solutions for self-defense training.
For this class you will to bring:
- A reliable 9mm/38 caliber or larger pistol with the appropriate gear to carry it concealed.
- 250 rounds.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel 31 days from the class we will give you a 100% refund. If you cancel 16 days from the class we will give you a 60% refund. If you cancel after that we will not issue a refund but we will give you 50% credit toward the next available schedule. If next schedule is not convenient to you there is nothing we can do for you. If you have not rescheduled for that class within 9 months you will have forfeited your credit.
Challenging road to leadership
Posted by Unknown on Aug 5th 2013
It is a challenging but rewarding course for those that desire to achieve an exceptional instructional opportunity. This course is based on basics of firearm safety, tactical shooting principles and application of these basic in real world situations. The course was executed in a thorough and flawlessly manner as usual by the DrOpZOne cadre. I would highly recommend this course to any qualified certified instructor desiring to obtain this level of instructor credentialing/training.
Success with Confidence
Posted by Bud Savannah Ga on Aug 5th 2013
This makes nine classes that I have successfully taken from the DrOpZOne. Each class builds on the previous classes. Classes are tough and demanding. These last two classes, topped off my confidence for teaching. I am also very confident that I can protect my family and myself. I know when I take a class from the DrOpZOne I will be successul. This is my training place.
Top Notch Training
Posted by Kirk on Aug 5th 2013
I have completed all my Instructor training at the DrOpZOne. It is by far the best place to get the hands on professional training you are looking for. The instructors are there by your side to teach you the skills you need no matter what level of experience you have from beginner to advanced. I recommend the DrOpZOne to anybody wanting to better their skills or who what to become Instructors themselves.
Posted by Bert Rosado, Rome GA, NRA Certified Instructor, Olympic Shooter on Nov 18th 2012
Bernard and David once again set the bar higher than the NRA. As always, you can count on the attention to detail with these two instructors. Why train anywhere else?