This home validation Instructor Credential is subject to the following qualifications.
What clientele is Special Tactics Instructor is meant to serve?
- The course is designed to accommodate private citizens of legal age to possess a modern pistol.
- The program is designed to accommodate men and women who seek a reasonable, friendly but effective introduction to defensive pistol technics and tactics.
What is the foundation of the Special Tactics Instructor program?
There are two components to this answer: 1) The foundation of the methodology taught for instructors to deliver the course, and 2) the foundation of the techniques taught.
The methodology on which this instructor credential is based roots from two components:
1. The research developed by Bruce K. Siddle on the transfer of technical skills.The course will require that you purchase a copy of Bruce K. Siddle’s book: Sharpening the Warrior Edge so you possess the original research in its entirety and that will be discussed during the “Instructor Techniques System” component.
2. The research developed by Bernard Martinage for the “Accredited Educator” and “Accredited Coach” credentials he developed for a company that serves Fortune-500 Companies and hosts over 4,000 certifications annually.
The Safe N Secure Instructor Technique System is exclusively made from Bernard Martinage’s work that has lead him to be nominated three times as a Faculty Speaker at Commencement at a world renown college.
The work is organized to remove any redundancy with the training provided by the NRA in its “BIT” (Basic Instructor Training) but does require that the candidate have a BIT that is less than three years old.
The firearm techniques presented and taught in the materials are serious, proven and effective. They were extracted from Police Special Operations training and modified to meet the reality of self-defense at home and on the street. The techniques and tactics are simple, effective and straight to the point. They have been endorsed by military and law enforcement personnel in multiple states as well as Firearm Instructors and Training Counselors.
What is the benefit of being a Special Tactics Instructor?
You gain access to the Safe N Secure Special Tactics training materials that include:
- An instructor kit with top-of-the line training methodology and that includes:
- Range Training Booklet/Lesson Plan to provide:
- Safe and effective defensive firearm training
- Safe and effective Low Light defensive training
- Ability to deliver Civilian Special Tactics Proficiency certificates
- Instructor certification certificate at completion of requirements and examination
- Students Training Kits that include:
- Color student manual (that can be personalized with your picture and company logo with a minimum order of 25 kits)
- Civilian Special Tactics Proficiency certificates.
Ability to Train your student under less burdensome requirements
- Simple, effective and burden-less lesson plans to deliver smooth training.
- No expensive online-course requirements or prerequisites, you control your student from beginning to end and are fully responsible for them.
To qualify to be a Special Tactics Instructor through the home validation program you must:
- Be an NRA Certified Pistol instructor of good repute who meets the following criterions:
- Has been a Certified NRA Pistol Instructor for over one year
- Can show proof of Firearm Instructor insurance with a minimum of $1,000.000 coverage.
- Show proof of having no firearm accident claims (provide a "Loss Run" for the last 365 days from your insurance).
- Be an NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor who meets the following criterions:
- Has taught the Personal Protection Outside the Home Course to a minimum of four students
- Can obtain and present two positive letters of reference from Personal protection Outside the Home students that he/she trained successfully. (Copy of NRA Roster requires).
- Be an NRA Certified Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor.
- Be able to justify Law Enforcement or Military Experience that includes the function of delivering firearm training, namely pistol training to law enforcement or military personnel.
- Complete the study of the Special Tactics Instructor Home Validation packet.
- Complete the prerequisite study of "Sharpening the Warrior Edge" from Bruce K. Siddle (not included in kit)
- Successfully pass the online examination.
- Sign and accept theSpecial Tactics instructor Agreement.
- Maintain the minimum insurance required as per the agreement.
Safe N secure reserves the right to not make this program available to any individuals for any reasons.