This minimum 2-hour custom training if for you if you want training tailored to your needs.
Initial session must be at least 2 hours.
Maximum two students. Keep this in mind:
- Interview and time with instructor to determine level of training is complimentary.
- Training program progresses only as fast as the slowest student in the class. Thus we recommend that if you decide to share this training with a companion, that you select a companion of skills even to yours.
- Training content is determined after an interview with the trainer. That means that you may wish for "Tactical" training, but if the instructor establishes that your skill level requires more basic training, that is what you will receive. Please understand that our interest is to keep you happy, but we cannot train you you to run if you can't walk to start with.
- During the interview with the trainer you will be required to bring your equipment for evaluation. in some instance we may provide the equipment if we deem yours to be sub par.
- Reliable Revolver or Semi-Automatic Pistol (38spl or 9mm minimum caliber).
- Reliable fitting holster (no pocket, inside-the pant, small-of-the-back, ankle, purse, Fanny-pack or shoulder holsters).
- Eyes and Ears protections (earmuffs required: no plugs).
- Cartridges quantity will be determined at interview.
- Bring your lunch, energy drinks and outdoor gear (insect repellent, sun screen etc.)
Class is limited to 2 students.
No Substitute for Personalized Instruction!
Posted by Jay D. Bolan, Maj, FLANG (Ret.) on Jan 9th 2013
I took two hours of custom pistol instruction from Bernard in October 2011. I was an experienced clay target shooter. In terms of handguns, I had been shooting regularly since 2005, and had purchased my own pistol in January 2009. All I had to go on in terms of actual pistol training was a NRA pistol class taken 35 years earlier, some occasional coaching by my shooting buddies and several trips to the range when in the Air Force in the early 1980s.
Everything about the instruction impressed me. First, was the safety briefing. I spent 12 ½ years in the Air Force in Weapons Safety and can state that I received a thorough, first-rate run down on every possible contingency, including on available communications and how to call for assistance.
The next benefit of instruction was that Bernard corrected several problems with my grip and stance. Changing these resulted in immediate, noticeable improvement in my shooting accuracy. With these corrected and practiced, Bernard took me through a series of drills designed to improve my speed and ability to engage multiple targets in succession. The difference in my proficiency between the beginning and ending of training was pronounced.
I think anyone who owns a pistol and is serious about shooting safely and accurately should take hourly custom training. It is an unforgettable experience.
Bernard Martinage is one of the most personable, student-focused firearms instructors I have ever met. He is polite rather than rude. He is understanding rather than condescending. He is extremely quick at discerning those things about your shooting style that need to be fixed, and is encouraging every step of the way. That said, he can be challenging and demanding to get the best out of you. He does this with a diplomatic style that makes the entire training experience enjoyable. He has my highest recommendation!