This suite of NRA Personal Protection courses includes 4 components that can be completed together or selected by module, based on space and attendance.
MONDAY and TUESDAY
Personal Protection Outside the Home STUDENT level class. This class is meant for individuals desiring to become proficient with a handgun for personal defense. Students who meet the NRA prerequisites will obtain a NRA Personal Protection Certificate. Student who do not meet the NRA prerequisites may still attend and will obtain a Safe N Secure Defensive Pistol Certificate.
Personal Protection Inside the Home INSTRUCTOR level class. This class is meant for NRA Certified Pistol Instructor who wish to be able to teach the PPITH course. Instructors attending must have completed the NRA BIT (Basic Instructor Training) within the last two years prior to the date of the class.
We may accept non-instructor students at a 50% discount, as a visitor's guests to benefit from the experience or act as volunteer students for learning instructors, based on space and availability.
THURSDAY and FRIDAY
Personal Protection Outside the Home INSTRUCTOR level class. This class is meant for NRA Certified Pistol Instructors who wish to be able to teach the PPOTH and Defensive Pistol courses. Instructors attending must have completed the BIT (Basic Instructor Training) within the last two years prior to the date of the class, and must already be a PPITH instructor (whether taken elsewhere or completed on Wednesday with Safe N Secure).
We may accept non-instructor students at a 50% discount as visitor guests to benefit from the experience and act as volunteer students for learning instructors, based on space and availability.
For those who elect to attend all five days, every day after completion of the NRA course, there are additional hours for the Safe N Secure Defensive Firearm Instructor credentials, including an additional night shooting class.
Class is limited to 8 candidates/students.
For this set of classes you will need to bring:
- A reliable pistol with a quality belt and holster (NO inside the waistband or cross-draw or fanny pack shoulder or appendix or small-of-the-back or other out-of-the-ordinary holsters. We can train you in these holsters but it will be a separate, private class due to the nature of these holsters,
- Monday and Tuesday: 300 cartridges
- Wednesday: 200 cartridges
- Thursday and Friday: 200 cartridges
- Comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely.
- A vest or light jacket to use for concealment of your handgun.
- Combat light and other small accessories that will be communicated to you at registration (OR YOU CAN EMAIL US TO GET THE FULL REQUIREMENTS)
Cancellation policy: If you cancel 31 days from the class we will give you a 100% refund. If you cancel 16 days from the class we will give you a 60% refund. If you cancel after that we will not issue a refund but we will give you 50% credit toward the next available schedule. If next schedule is not convenient to you we will try to accommodate you without any guarantee. If you have not rescheduled for this class within 9 months, you credit will be forfeited.
Email us at manager@SNSamerica.com to receive additional information about the courses, including prerequisites and equipment required.