This two-day / 22-hour intensive class is for shooters who posses the basic knowledge and skills of safe gun handling and handgun shooting. It is comprised of Defensive Shooting Level 1 & 2 with intermediate to advanced Conceal Carry Tactics.
This class has a qualification requirement. You must demonstrate the following proficiency:
- Pass the "Personal Protection In The Home" NRA examination, for which you can prepare by purchasing this kit: PPOTH Prerequisite Qualitification Kit
- State and demonstrate the three fundamentals NRA rul;es for Safe Gun Handling.
- Demonstrate proper loading, cocking, uncocking, and unloading procedures with a revolver and semi-automatic pistol and dummy crartidges, inclduing the pistol you will be using during the course.
- Demonstrate the abilioty to shoot two 5-shot groups nine inches or smaller in the middle of a target from a two-handed standing positionat a distance of 21 feet, using the pistol you will be using during the courses (minimum 9mm or 38spl caliber).
The coursesIncludes . . .
- Carry methods,
- Self-defense tactics,
- Shooting on the move,
- Engaging multiple threats,
- Shooting from within and around a vehicle,
- Personal awareness,
- Weapons drills,
- REAL low light shooting drills (not a simulation),
- Thermo Imaging experience
+ QUALITY + small class size taught in Private 3-GUN Tactical Range with 1,200sf 360° shoot-house. We have delivered training for over 680 NRA INSTRUCTOR credentials with over 90% success rate + INCLUSIVE + includes ALL Class Materials, range, classroom, + ACCESS + If you don't see a date that meets your schedule, contact us. FAMILY/GROUP PRICING AVAILABLE.
This course is special!
This is NOT, your average training course, it is a lot more than that.
You will need
- Reliable Pistol preferably of 9mm or 38spl minimum caliber (gun rental available).
- At least three serviceable magazines or revolver speedloaders (included in rental).
- Reliable fitting holster (no pocket, small-of-the-back, Fanny-pack or shoulder holsters) included in rental.
- Magazine pouch (double is preferred) inclduded in rental.
- Eyes and Ears protections (earmuffs required: no plugs).
- 400 cartridges.
- Bring your lunch, energy drinks and outdoor gear (insect repellent, sun screen etc.)
*If you completed the PPITH training you need not to purchase the preparatory packet.
The NRA Personal Protection Courses are the most effective introduction to tactical shooting for both students and instructors alike. Managed very much like police training it takes the student or instructor student into an intense training in both the classroom and the range where the development and verification of personal protection skills with a firearm are developed effectively for application in the real world. Designed to accommodate students from all walks of life as long as they are solid patriots and citizens of good sense and good values, these course are for you whether you are a single woman, an older person or a young buck itching to do some interesting shooting. Courses are hosted in a private tactical range boasting a 1,200sf 360° shoothouse, two tactical bays and more . . .
NRA Personal P...The NRA Personal Protection Courses are the most effective int...
Personal Protection inside and outside the house.
Posted by Carl on Dec 30th 2012
I have recently taken the personal protection courses offered by the drop zone instructors.
The class for both inside and outside the house have alot of material to learn, the drop zone goes through all required matwrials and some . They have officers who have vast experience both in the handling of all makes and models of hand gun. The personal teaching and direction are second to none , they are very easy to learn from in a very direct and positive way .The materials were covered well and the end result wasa the passing of the required test. Recommend this course highly.
PPOTH realistic training for CCW
Posted by Unknown on Dec 15th 2012
I was amazed at the realistic training in the PPOTH course compared to other pistol courses I have taken. This course covered not only the basic in a pistol course but also taught real applications of CCW techniques from true concealment. The course covered the implications of CCW and the use of deadly force in a self defense situation. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who considers CCW.
The most realistic training I could have hoped for!
Posted by Unknown on Sep 24th 2012
I took this course thinking I would get some good training, learn to draw from a holster properly, and learn some defensive pistol shooting. I had no idea it would include so much more! I am thrilled with this course and would recommend it to everyone!