Thank you for your interest in this training for your Florida Conceal Carry Permit and your personal protection.
This class is a somewhat unconventional. It is a 4 hour personal safety course hosted Saturday mornings at the KRAFT Athletic Club at the south end of the island.
It is a basic instruction on what my experience dictates someone should know to prepare themselves better to stay safe from attacks, whether at home, in the car or when going around.
The curriculum I have built is based on three principles:
- Most people have little experience with personal protection and do not realize that the most important parts of keeping oneself safe are:
- A realistic personal strategy;
- The understanding of one’s limitations when experiencing high stress;
- Awareness and visualization.
- The fact that the general public overestimates the power of a gun and its effects. Although the gun is definitely the key tool and equalizer of force, there is more to it than pulling the trigger.
- It is more important to learn about what you don’t know that you don’t know than what you think you need to know.
The topics covered are as follow:
- Defensive Triad
- Managing biological response to fear and attacks;
- Levels of awareness, stress and motor-skills management
- Revolvers versus semi-automatic and how single & double-action types affect your gun selection.
- The five fundamentals of shooting.
- Firing a few cartridges to qualify for a Florida Carry Permit.
We start at 9am and generally finish at 1pm.
Maximum attendance is six people and the pricing is as follows:
- person: $200
- people: $260 ($130 per person)
- people: $360 ($120 per person)
- people: $440 ($110 per person)
- people: $500 ($100 per person)
- people: $570 ($95 per person)
NOTE: When class is 4 person and above the class may extend an extra hour or two depending on the level of experience, interest and questions from the attendees.