Contact Us to setup a custom date.
This 8-hour, 350 rounds Defensive Pistol class is complete and organized to train a minimum of two people on how to use a pistol effectively for self-defense in a home or business environment. It also includes a component on how to work as a team, such as husband/wife for defensive purpose, as well as drawing and carry techniques such as holster use and purse-draw.
The class includes the following:
- Pistol Basic
- Strategy, Tactics , Principles
- Mental conditioning for SelfDefense
- Drawing from a holster or a purse
- Engaging multiple threats
- Advancing & retreating
- Shooting on the move (laterally + all)
- Kneeling & Barricade Management
- Cover versus concealment
- Managing corners and angles
- Team Shooting & Search Basics
- Live Fire Shoothouse course
Class will include training in our 360-degree shoothouse to practice the following:
- Shooting from cover (Low and High Cover)
- Opening doors
- Environment analysis and forward progress.
- The difference between Strategies, Tactics and Principles.
- Although not doing team-shooting we will discuss AOR (Area of responsibilities)
All students will receive:
- A copy of the Safe N Secure Defensive Pistol Manual,
- A completion certificate as successful completion of the course.
- A semi-automatic Pistol or revolver in good working condition. (night sights recommended but not mandatory)
NOTE: we are not gunsmith, thhus we are not qualified to determine the safety of the fireamr you bring. It is your responsibility to consult a gunsmith to ensure your firearm is safe to use.
- Three magazines for semi-automatic pistol, or two speedloaders for revolvers;
- Strong side holster;
- Magazine holders or Speeloader holder;
- 350 cartridges ;
- Cleaning kit;
- Season appropriate clothing;
- Eye and ear protection (please no small ear-foam inserts)
Equipment provided to you at no charge
- Eye and ear protection.
- All targets and range related equipment.
Equipment available for rental (please tell us ahead what you will need)
- 9mm Semi-automatic pistols (Glock 19) with necessary magazines.
- Ammunition. Holsters and magazne pouches
It is taught by a friendly Fernandina resident, Florida Licensed Private Investigator, registered bodyguard since 1994 and who also is the author of the only Florida Security Guard Training Book used in over 25 State licensed school. The instructor has also trained over 550 Firearm Instructors.
WE ARE www.ThouShallNotFear.com
Hand gun tactical training
Posted by Bo and Ben Venerdi on Feb 25th 2015
Bernard was excellent! He was the perfect combination of patient, yet very much pushing us to the edge of our comfort levels (yet always remaining 100% focused on safety), You learn, get pushed to a new level, double back and review, and practice to mastery. If you want to be a better; shooter, gun handler, or tactical expert train with Bernard! You will get more out of 8 hours with him, then you will in 2 years of gun ranges with no expert direction. My son and I attended his class, went through 1100 rounds of ammo, and are in a completely different place in terms of our confidence and ability to handle hand guns in many different situations. We can't wait to take the next course, and see how far Bernard will push us!