Contact Us to setup a custom date.
This 8-hour, 190 rounds Defensive Shotgun class is complete and organized to train a minimum of two and maximum of six people on how to use a shotgun effectively for self-defense in a home or business environment. It also includes a component on how to work as a team, such as husband/wife for defensive purpose.
This class starts mid-day in order to include two hours of training after dusk to practice shooting and defensive tactics in a night situation.
The class includes the following:
- Strategy, Tactics , Principles
- Mental conditioning
- Basic shooting exercises
- Shotgun handling
- Shotgun loading conditions & logic
- Shotgun Load Transitions
- Engaging multiple threats
- Advancing & retreating
- Shooting on the move (laterally + all)
- Kneeling & Barricade Management
- Shotgun Grab
- Cover versus concealment
- Slicing the pie
- Team Shooting & Search Basics
- Live Fire Shoothouse course
Class will include training in our 360-degree shoothouse to practice the following:
- Shooting from cover (Low and High Cover)
- Opening doors
- Environment analysis and forward progress.
- The difference between Strategies, Tactics and Principles.
- Although not doing team-shooting we will discuss AOR (Area of responsibilities)
All students will receive:
- A completion certificate as successful completion of the course.
To attend this course you will need:
- A reliable pump action or semi-automatic shotgun. We offer day-gun Rental of 870 Remingtons and Mossberges 500 for $30.
- 200 shells (factory ammunition) of #8 to #12 birdshot.
- 20 shells (factory ammunition) of rifled slugs.
Excellent course. Lots of shooting.
Posted by one happy customer on Jun 29th 2015
Let me start by saying that I'm an LEO, and I've been that guy through the door. When the situation called for it many times I've done so with a shotgun. I've had extensive shotgun training, performed countless manipulation and malfunction drills, done tons of loads, reloads, transitions, etc., etc., etc. My point is is this. I still learned OUTSTANDING principles from this training. I even changed several things (with lots of practice) that I'd been doing a different way for years. Very real world experience is brought into this course and it is garaunteed to not disappoint. I would recommend to beginners and experienced individuals alike. Bernard and his team of instructors are top notch and professional. Plus, you'll have a ton of fun doing it! Don't think about it. Just take the class. You'll be glad you did.